Puff Pastry Margherita Pizza
It’s time for another Tuesday Tidbits! This week flew by. We had lots of family fun this past week. I love it when we can get together with family.
An easy homemade pizza that’s easy to make and quite delicious and is perfect for gatherings is this Puff Pastry Margherita Pizza. With our summer gardens in full swing this a perfect way to use up some tomatoes. There are many renditions of this Pizza on Pinterest. This is my version.
* I sliced the tomatoes and put them on paper towels. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt. Let them sit for about 20 minutes. This way the juices will come out on the paper towel and won’t make your pizza soggy.
* I placed parchment paper on a sheet pan. When the puff pastry thawed I placed it on the parchment paper. I used a rolling pin to flatten the puff pastry out a bit.
* Mix about a 1/2 cup of olive oil and about a teaspoon of garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush this mixture onto your puff pastry. (Add more if needed.)
* Then Sprinkle 4 oz. of shredded mozzarella onto your pizza.
* Add your sliced tomatoes. (I added sliced black olives as well which is optional.)
* Bake your Margherita Pizza according to your Puff Pastry directions. I baked mine at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the pizza starts turning a golden brown. (Ovens vary.)
* Add fresh Basil and drizzle with a Balsamic Glaze.
This is a quick and easy and quite delicious pizza. Hope you give it a try.
Thanks for the visit! Have a fabulous week to come… Can you believe it will be August soon?